Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hair loss Alopesia?!?

Does anyone know what the chances are of losing eyebrows and other body hair? 38 years young. Lost a patch of hair 2inches by about 3inches (totally bald) in a matter of about 12 hours. Doctor said it is Alopecia. I have been on numerous websites and I cannot seem to find the information I need. Can anyone please help me? This all happened on Monday and I am freaking out. My hair is thinning everywhere else but so far, no bald patches. I want to know so badly if or what the chances of the rest of my body hair falling out. Please Help me with information, websites...anything PLEASE!?



It was abrupt but now it is to thinning everywhere. I am aware that can continue to get patches but I don't know what period of time is "typical".. :(



I shouldn't have said freaking out. I am only freaking out about the eyebrow thing more than anything. I have survived a lot and buried almost my entire family. Life could be so much worse. I can handle wigs. Not a problem for me at all. I even let my 9 year old draw in my bald spot! lol Heck, it won't take me as long to get ready! :) I just really want to know more about how fast/eyebrows/eyelashes. *chews off her fingernails.*



Hair loss Alopesia?!?

i would call the doctor that told u u had alopecia and find out from him its been a long time since i was in beauty school where i learned about this so i'm sorry i wish i could help but i would say at least just type alopecia into your search bar and it ought to tell u Good Luck



Hair loss Alopesia?!?

thats rough. there is usually a cause for it and there are certain things that may help slow the process or even stop it. there is a really great product out called nioxin, it is sold in salons only, it is simple you pick which system is you 1-7 then you can get the styling products and vitamins to go with it, you shouldn't use any other products while using nioxin. i have used itand it is amazing. scalp therapy is my favorite. your physician can tell you if infared or tesla scalp treatment could help. if your eyebrows and lashes do happen to fall out there are salons that have special tattoo sevices they can tattoo very natural looking eyebrows eyeliner and even lipliner on for usually 100-150 apiece, i mean if you will consider i wig why not that. goodluck.



Hair loss Alopesia?!?

You might not lose your eyebrows, my Mum has Alopecia and bless her she's had it bad, it seems to get better after a while and then falls out again so she wears hats and gets so paranoid i wish there was something I could do for her. But she has never lost hair from her eyebrows or anything it was just on her head. Keep your chin up, I know its hard but just keep that positive happy go lucky attitude of yours X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan