Saturday, November 28, 2009

My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

I got my pom "reese" at 6 weeks old with papers, she weighed only 1 pd and was a fluff ball, she is now 5 months and weighs only 3 pds, but just lost all her fluffy fur, it came out in the handful. It took only about 2 days for her to shed it all. Now she just has her top coat and she is not fluffy at all, does anyone no why this happened?



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

Weather change.



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

Poms go through coat stages. After about 4 months they will blow their puppy coat. At 10 months their first adult coat will grow in.



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

ask the vet if it is health problem that is the only thing i can tell you other than maybe she is sheding her winter coat and is going to grow another but not as big and fluffy



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

maybe it's the weather



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

Could be normal puppy shed



Could be weather shed



Could be Demodex or Sarcoptic Mange



Could be Thyroid disorder



Call your breeder and ask them what the possible cause could be - they would know the line best - or at least one would hope so although selling a pup at 6 weeks speaks more of a Greeder not a Breeder.



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

What she lost was her puppy coat...Don't worry



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

I have 2 Poms, and they do loose their puppy coat and by a year will have the adult coat.



My pom lost all her fluffy hair, why?

She's going throught her "uglies" stage. All poms from around 3-4 months will be begin to lose their puppy coat and won't grow into their adult coat until about 10-12 months of age. Just be patient and it'll get better I promise! =)



Just so you know if you don't get her fixed she will do a partial version of this coming out of each heat cycle.



Here is a really good site with pictures to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan