Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Coton de Tulear won't wear hair clips! What do I do?

I have an adorable little Coton who REFUSES to keep her hair out of her eyes. We don't want to butch it off because it'd be a little bit homely on her. :)



While she does look adorable when it falls in her eyes, we really try to keep it clipped back. But we're losing clips left and right -- and hair ties and barrettes! She rubs her head into the ground until she's freed her hair. We're not pulling it back too tightly (trust me, her eyes start bugging out if we do!).



What can we do? Is there some sort of puppydog glue to get it cowlicked into place? She has hair, not fur, so would that make a difference? My sister keeps joking that I need to hot glue it into place ... if that weren't cruel, I'd do it today! I'm so frustrated with all the extra grooming I do every day just because she wants to be half-blind.



How do you keep your long-haired dogs beautiful and still able to see?



My Coton de Tulear won't wear hair clips! What do I do?

Well, actually if you found a good nontoxic glue, you could probably use it... People glue german shepherd ears to get them to stand up... It might be the same basic principle... But don't quote me on that.



Just be persistant. Eventually, hopefully, she might realize it's worth having her hair tied back. If not, I'm afraid cutting it might be the best solution.



My Coton de Tulear won't wear hair clips! What do I do?

just show your dog what is like not to see. eventually she will see that she wants to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan